Friday 22 June 2012

Friday Fun and Tasty Delights


First and foremost I have to share my fitness aims for the week as I finally got this

So happy
Okay, okay it is home made by one of my running partner but I finally got up the big scary hill in one go and I am so proud of myself.  We either run on the road or go through the woods and both are challenging in different ways.  I have always been overwhelmed with the big hill and could not visualise getting up it but not this time.  I visualised running up there and focused on relaxing and breathing and I did it.  It might seem like a little achievement but to me it was huge.  I managed to get my mind over the fear of it.  I didn’t die, I was still breathing and I did it!!  I am not dramatic at all!

Ok this is not the hill but the view before we get
into the beautiful woods.  
Also this week I have meet all my cardio goals but failed on the toning.  I will be taking this into hand!  I also took my first spinning class in forever. 
So excited to take the class.  My hair is scary!!


I was worried my legs would struggle as I had also done such a demanding run at lunch time but I loved it.  I had forgotten how much fun it is and how I love to sweat so much!

For breakfast this morning I had my first ever try of overnight oats in a jar and they were gorgeous.  The only issue I had was that my jar was far too little and I couldn’t get the banana in.  To be honest I really liked it with out it and will definitely have it again. 
yummy
 Last night we had Courgette/Zucchini Noodles with TomatoSauce recipe from ‘Eating Bird Food’.  I used the V slice that was recommended.  I didn’t have any quorn mince for the pasta sauce so I used some tinned tuna in spring water and it was really nice.  I will definitely do it again but next time I will sauté the noodles with garlic. 


The noodles were so easy to make with the v slicer.  I would recommend investing in one.


Not sure what I am up to this weekend but we are going to look for a new tent so we can go away camping next month.  I am hoping that the weather will be dry to get out on my bike.  England play football again on Sunday so we will be watching that with a few friend and family.

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment