Monday 18 June 2012

Olympic Torch and Fun Weekend


Well we have had a really great weekend and had a lot fun despite the terrible weather.  Will it ever stop!

Friday started the weekend with a lovely chicken and rice dish that we enjoyed before I dropped my husband off to watch England play and I stayed at home and enjoyed the peace and quiet and watched a nice film


 It was really easy to make
100g of dried brown rice
1 chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
½ onion chopped small
1 cup of peas
Some sugar snaps cut into pieces
1 cup of chopped mushroom
Soya sauce

Cook rice according to packet instructions.  Usually takes about 30 minutes.

Just before the rice is cooked heat some olive oil in a wok and add onion and mushrooms.  Cook for about 2 minutes and add peas, sugar snaps and chicken.  Cook until chicken is just cooked (about 5 mins) then add cooked and drained rice.  Add a good splash of soya sauce and a little water if sticking.  


Saturday was my Auntie’s 50th Birthday party and we had a really great laugh. We boogied on down and had a few drinks. 


Sunday we got up to watch the Olympic torch come through.  I got there nice and early and had a little walk to soak up the atmosphere.  I met one of my sisters and 3 of her children and some friends.  It was all running a little late and I don’t think I have seen so many people about.  The atmosphere was lovely and people were even dancing in the street. 


I didn’t get out on my bike much to my bitter disappointment.  My fitness aims for last week were definitely not met with being ill.  I was really disappointed but sometimes you have to listen to your body.  I managed two runs and some toning but that was it. 

My aims for this week are

Monday – Lunch time run and toning
Tuesday – Lunch time run
Wednesday – Lunch time run and spinning
Thursday – Toning
Friday – Lunch time run.

I think I am going to set myself 4 week challenge.  To lose 4lb and maintain 4 cardio sessions and 2 toning sessions.  This week my weight maintained so it was 140lb.  I am feeling very disheartened about my weight at the moment but I am trying and keep trying!

1 comment:

  1. your blog is amazing its nice to read a british blog
    i was wondering how many servings does the rice recipe make?

    ReplyDelete