Wednesday 12 June 2013

WIAW # 22

Peas and Crayons
I love taking part in WIAW from Peas and Crayons and  here we go again.  So I was on holiday last week having an amazing time in the Lake District .

As a result I didn’t log my eats for last Wednesday but did for Sunday just gone. 

I decided to get my beloved bike dusted off and go for a ride and before I went I had my faithful oats and blueberries – super yum

When I got back I was a sweaty hungry mess so tried a mule bar.  It was ok but didn’t love it. 



Lunch followed after a shower and was one slice of Gluten free bread and scrambled eggs.

As this is a sensible snacking month I enjoyed some grapes.  I really like freezing them and eating them frozen.

I also indulged in a Fab lolly!
Source
Dinner time seemed to whiz round and I made a very scrummy lentil shepherd’s pie that was so good.   I started making it using a recipe from the BBC Good Food recipe but then have adapted it and it was so tasty.  For the mash on top I use cooked white potatoes and cauliflower and mash it all together.   It is a great way to sneak vegetables in and bulk out the potato.

300g of White Potatoes
½ head of cauliflower
1 tin if green lentils (drained and washed)
½ onion chopped
1 bulb of garlic (crushed)
½ carton of Passata
¼ pint of vegtable stock


I am aware that a lot of this is tinned but could be adapted to fresh tomatoes and lentils.  It was ideal for me as I was not in the mood to spend ages cooking. 

I think I have the holiday blues and missing beautiful sights of the last week.


What is your quick go to meal that the family enjoy?

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a fab lobby before, but the fact that it has sprinkles makes it look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the best and low in calories. I grew up with them here in England and just love them.

    ReplyDelete