Wednesday 9 October 2013

WIAW # 34


It is that time of the week again and I am doing a little better than last week.
Spooky Snacks and Healthy Halloween Treats

I really love joining into this as I know so many others do.

As usual this is my fav meals from Last week.

Breakfasts all week has been the usual oats with fruit - it never gets old

Lunch has turned Autumnal with home made Butternut Squash Soup
 
1/2 a Butternut squash peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
1 onion chopped
2 carrots peeled and chopped
1 garlic bulb crushed
1 red chili chopped
40g red lentils washed
1 1/2  pint of stock (or to your liking)
 
Put all in pan and bring to the boil and simmer for 40 mins or until all soft.  Then blitz it all up and serve.  Or put it in portions for work lunches.

For dinner I made my first ever beef casserole with dumplings.  The Casserole was lovely and as I am not a beef eater normally I really enjoyed it.  The dumplings on the other hand were not good.  I am not sure if it is because I made them with gluten free flour or what the problem was but they were not light and fluffy! 

I am really wanting to try some home cooked pulled pork next and have been looking at a few recipes.

Snacks for me are usually the same sort of thing during the day.


Night time I like to have something sweet and recently I bought some lovely milk rum and raisin chocolate. 

I had my weekly weigh in last night and I gained and am gutted.

How has your week gone and how do you deal with gains?

2 comments:

  1. Don't let a little weight gain get you down girl - weight gain can mean so much.. perhaps you're building muscle? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i have been under a bit of stress and no i shouldn't be so hard on myself. Thank you.

      Delete