Tuesday 18 February 2014

Happiness for 2014


I really wanted 2014 to be year of accomplishments and I think I have achieved this.

I have entered the Gateshead 10k and the  Blaydon Race.

Much more excitingly I have entered the Ponteland Sprint Tri in July.  I have never done a triathlon before but have dreamt about doing one for years.  I am very scared at the prospect but hoping that I can finish it. It really is a dream come true.

source
And I still can’t believe I have a place in the Great North Run – half marathon.  To say I am super excited is an understatement!  The great North Run is one of the biggest half marathons in England.  I have heard that the course is not nice but the atmosphere is amazing.

Source
I have started some training although I am searching for a plan that suits my needs at the moment.  I think I might have found one but it is just making it work with my life.

Last week I have managed
 
Sunday – exercise bike session and core pilates

Using good old indoor bike until weather improves!
 
This was harder than it looks and i ached for days!

Monday – Run and Swim
Tuesday – Run
Wednesday – Club run
Thursday – lunch run
Friday – Emergency water leak at home so plans of spinning  went out the window.
Saturday  - Swim session that was amazing.  I ended up talking to some great people that gave me some amazing tips.

So this week’s plan is

Monday – Run and swim
Tuesday – Run
Wednesday – Club Run
Thursday  - Swim
Friday – Run and cycle
Saturday – Rest
Sunday Long Run

I think I am going to have to give up some of my lunch runs with the girls at work and I am finding the idea really hard to come to get my head round.  I need to ensure my training works for the tri and for half marathon. 

Do you have any tips that could help me balance my training?  Also tips on staying fuelled right would be most welcome.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment