Tuesday 5 April 2016

I am here, honest!


I haven’t fell off the edge of the world, honest!  My life went from busy to insane in a very short period of time and if I am honest I am far from out of it but seem to be feeling a little calmer and time seems to be more manageable.  Not sure if this has anything to do with the clocks going forward or not but definitely feel like I have turned a corner.

I am still very busy and about to embark on a very large research project, a triathlon and a few mini races but I am feeling positive and organised. A first in a very long time.

Training for my sprint triathlon started the 1st April and 5 days I am feeling good. I have started a 6 weeks ab strengthening programme that is really helping me and i have set myself a routine that is manageable (I hope) without being too demanding.  I am trying to have a very relaxed approach and if I miss a session then I am not beating myself  about it.  I can’t, I just don’t have the mental capacity to take training too seriously as my degree eats daily into my life.

I read a fantastic article in the latest Runnings World magazine and have been bought the book that I am so excited to start.  The article and book is by Lisa Jackson and basically it is about the importance of having fun and taking part and not the numbers and pressure of running.  As a very slow runner this is music to my ears.  I am often paralysed with fear about entering running events as I am so slow.  I don’t seems to ever get faster and not sure I really want to take the time to become faster because I enjoy cycling and swimming too much to dedicate my time to running.  Lisa’s article spoke to me and reassured me and not only that it warmed my heart and motivated me.  I can’t wait to read the book.

So what is happening in your part of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment